There's something really refreshing about a cool crisp summer drink. Especially one that highlights the fabulous flavor of blueberries. At this point in my life, I choose to no longer drink alcohol (not that I ever drank that much to begin with). It turns out lots of people feel the same way I do and are choosing to eschew the alcohol.
But while more people are drinking less, there aren't that many delicious choices for us. So I came up with this fruity, sparkling mocktail recipe. I think it's perfect that it uses blueberries because July happens to be National Blueberry Month. If you really want to mix things up you can substitute raspberries or white peaches for the fruit and make a red, white, and blue mocktail bar to share with the family.
Blueberry Mojito Mocktail
- 8 oz Kevita brand Lime Mojito Coconut sparkling drink
- 3 Tablespoons simple syrup (recipe below)
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh fruit (dice the peaches if using)
- Crushed ice
- Place fresh fruit in the bottom of a tall glass
- Add crushed ice
- Mix together Kevita and simple syrup and pour over ice
- Garnish with mint leavesEnjoy!
- 1 cup fruit (blueberries, raspberries, or diced white peaches), mashed
- 1 cup organic cane juice crystals
- 1 cup water
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce to medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved
- Let cool to at least room temperature before using
Delicious in more than just beverages, blueberries are a fabulous, healthy fruit. Learn more about them here plus grab a great muffin recipe.